Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Little Red School House

Molly had a field trip yesterday to the Little Red School House in Wausau. The kids all dressed up and spent the day learning the way kids learned in 1905. Molly said she got to wear the dunce hat and practice cursive writing and for recess they learned a game "a tisket a tasket" which she sang all evening long.

Last night we had Awana and it is my turn this month to give the Sparky council time message. I did an object lesson using a penny, sharing with the kids how even a penny can be a reminder of where our trust is. My message went a little short so I let the kids take turns sharing their memory verses for the night. It is fun to see how much these kids are learning and how excited they get to share with everyone. Molly shared her verse Hebrews 13:5 "Be content with what you have, because God has said never will I leave you never will I forsake you." I will now add that one to my list of teaching verses - the next time Molly is having a hard time being content.

No comments: