Friday, January 21, 2011

Sewing class


Molly has been asking to learn how to sew, and I am not a sewer.  For Christmas her Nana gave her a box of sewing supplies and she has been even more anxious to learn.  Then her teacher at Awana gave them a challenge to make something in their likeness and Molly was dead set on making a Doll.  Well she lucked out because I had picked up a sewing video at the library that I thought might be my answer to teacher her to sew even though I can't. The video we watched Yes I Can Sew,  was great, in fact I am thinking of picking up some of Winky Cherry's other books My First Patchwork Book: Hand & Machine Sewing, My First Embroidery Book: A Name Sampler, My First Quilt Book: Machine Sewing ,My First Machine Sewing Book: Straight Stitching,My First Doll Book: Hand Sewing ,(library doesn't have them).  Although they recommended making a dove first, we made the doll.  She could have done better on the hair and clothes, but these were techniques she really hadn't learned yet.

1 comment:

Mrs. Mandy said...

Very cute! She did a great job. I will have to look for those videos/books out here because while I can sew, it usually doesn't come out very polished at all (not a straight seam to save my life).

I have awarded you something so come on by to pick it up.
http://emptymelord.blogspot.com/2011/01/versatile-blogger-award.html