Friday, July 30, 2010

Getting ready for a new school year

I like to plan as much for the new school year over the summer as I can, so I can just open and go - which is what I love about My Father's World.  Yesterday we went to the beach and I brought along my teachers manual to make a school supply list and get familiar with things.  I am going to take file folders for each country and week and fill them ahead of time with things needed for that week and any notes I have like supplies I will need to get that week or ideas from the message boards.  I love curriculum and so have had fun collecting things for the upcomming school year and making wish lists.  I have to be careful though because whatever I buy I feel like we really need to use it and somedays we just can't fit it all in.  After last year I figured we would just complete those things over the summer, but the only thing we have really stuck to is reading and our art Artistic Pursuits, Book One: An Introduction to the Visual Arts.  I have also been working like mad to get our classroom ready, it kinda became a dumping ground over the last couple of months.  I will post pictures when it's all set up for our year of travel(Exploring Countries & Cultures).

No comments: