Sunday, July 18, 2010

I'm a bad blogger

Yes, I am a bad blogger, I started the school year off strong last fall keeping up weekly and then 3 months of nothing! Sorry, but I had technical difficulties coupled with procrastination which then lead to "I'm overwhelmed". Well my new approach to blogging will be if I don't cover everything oh well, I will just pick up with what's current and blog about whatever is on my mind, when I have the desire and time to blog - so hopefully this will keep me jotting stuff down for others to read or maybe just a record for myself who knows???

Sunday School today really stuck with me today as something I want to apply and someday teach my children ( why is it as a parent every time we hear something we wish we had already known we think - my kids need to hear this, as if maybe we can spare them from every making any mistake we have ever made. I can hope can't I.) The jist of it was this; anytime we have a decision to make or have a situation we are in ask this - Is it wise for me? Is it wise in light of my past? Is it wise for me in light of my current situation? Is it wise for me based on where I want to be in the future? So in light of where I want to be - 30lbs lighter, is it wise for me to have eaten that candy bar at 10pm, no! See this stuff could work if I had asked myself this question before I had done it. Proverbs 28:26 He who trust in his own heart is a fool, but he who walks wisely will be delivered.
Church was great too, as we celebrated our Pastor's 50th birthday and got to hear about the glory of God throughout his life. I am so thankful for the body of believers God has placed us in and for a pastor who gives all the glory to God

No comments: