Monday, September 13, 2010

Finishing up Week 2 of ECC

Last week we finished up the second week in our curriculum Exploring Countries and Cultures, even though it was our 3rd week of school.  This allowed us to take a slower pace and to get back into our grove.  Plus we had the Holiday in there and our Moms group day.
 Here is #2 on her first day of Sunday School, I wasn't sure how she would do, she can be a little shyer than #1 and clingy.  Well she did fine, her buddy was in there.  Later I heard to my embarrassment that she told her teacher at one point " sigh...I'm sooo bored"
and here she is with her project form Moms group, we hung it up as soon as we got home.  I am so thankful for the program for the tots at my Moms bible study, neither of my girls went to preschool, but I feel like this once a week program is the perfect balance.  They learn how to interact with other tots and how to listen and follow directions and Mom is in the same building.


here is #1's neighborhood map she made while studying different types of maps
here is the world cake we made, it's upside down so it really looks distorted, but I think she did a pretty good job making the continents.  We told everyone in order to have a piece they had to name the continents and oceans, #1 and I have them memorized mostly due to listening to the continent song on geography songs.  Love this CD
more geography vocab cards
science notebooking - we went outside found a leaf, identified the tree using the national geographic field guide North American trees, we checked this out from the library, but I might like to purchase well see how much we use these types of books this year
 
and here is our water cycle experiment, we planted grass in a jar and watered it.  Before hand we learned about the water cycle and we have been signing Steve Songs song water cycle and now I can't get it out of my head, but we love it.
It's hard to tell from the picture, but this fog(water vapor)
and here we have condensation

Well it's been a fun couple of weeks, lets see how our week unfolds as we begin the busyness of AWANA  and other outside commitments.



1 comment:

Victoria Stankus said...

Good job on your week 2 of ECC! We just finished our 2nd week also. And, like you, we have been doing school for 3 weeks now. Takes awhile to get back into the swing of things. We also have that Geography Songs CD. So fun!